Acer Aspire Revo R3600 Nettop PC – Support Forum

Starting up and using the thing to play video files! [Acer Aspire Revo R3600 Nettop PC - 183737]

• Bobrr

Just got this and followed the setup screens. The "Experience Nvidia" icon fires up Windows media player which then refuses to play it! Loading it into Videolan will attempt to play it but is extremely "blocky" - no sign of video card doing its job. I have tried to play it on Media player classic (+/-) homecinema version but this isn't much better. Anybody have any idea of how to set this machine up to play HD video files?

Bob

• Bobrr

OK.

After an hour of educating myself I think I have worked this out. I needed another two software programs. I got mine from www.download.com, it has always worked for me.

The first program was Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.2.908.0 

(NB NOT the Media player classic)

This is the program that can use the Nvidia chip. After installing go to the VIEW menu and select OPTIONS. On the left hand column select Output. The Outupt screen has a list of options under the heading DirectShow Video, make sure the EVR option is selected. Apply and exit.

This program has played all of my 720p and 1080i files so far.

To get windows media player up to speed install Windows Essentials Media Codec Pack 2.3d

I can now play the Nvidia Essentials intro in WMP (but its still jerking - I presume because WMP does not access the Nvidia chip)

I can now enjoy my film(movies) archive, selecting  via my Keysonic (ACK-540RF) keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Bob

;