Acer Liquid Metal Gingerbread Android 2.3 – Support Forum

Acer Breeze [Acer Liquid Metal Gingerbread Android 2.3 - 205663]

Is this phone supposed to have the Acer Breeze UI as an option?  Try as I might I can't seem to find it anywhere.
  • Eilertsen Staff

You should be able to chenge between the Breeze IU and the Stock Android IU.

If you go into the "settings" then "applications", then you should find "user interface". Here you should have the two options.

Let us know how it went.

Kenneth Eilertsen (Quality Engineer, eXpansys)

OK. Now I'm really worried. There is no "user interface" option given after going into "settings" then "applications."

All the options I have within "Applications" are as follows -

"Unknown sources"

"Manage applications"

"Running services"

"Storage use"

"Battery use"

"Development"

I'm more than a little disappointed as the Breeze UI was one of the main reasons for choosing this phone.  Do I have a faulty unit?

• Eilertsen Staff

I'm afraid that I was a bit mistaken. You can only change the UI before the latest update. After that has been applied you are unable to change the UI.

• Eilertsen Staff

Justto clarify:

You are not able to change awat from the Breeze UI after the latest update.

I am sorry to report that the phone that I have does very little of what is shown on the two videos on the 

Acer Liquid Metal Android 2.3 Gingerbread (Brown)

web page. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/xvhYRYz6KOM&rel=0&autoplay=1

http://www.youtube.com/v/Dr76Zkqg4ac&rel=0&autoplay=1

Both videos show swiping to the left on the main screen to show previous activity windows that you can re-enter or close. In addition, both videos show swiping to the right from the main screen to access a carousel like display of music album art.  These are two things that I particularly wanted from this phone and it doesn't have them. 

• dadd10

Brucknerian

Did you resolve this issue as I have just taken delivery of a liquid mt and I too appear to have been conned, I assume that the only option would be to try to load a previous version of the firmware.  has anybody got any advice?

Regards

Nope. Sent it back for credit.

• dadd10

I managed to install the froyo version with the breeze interface, you didn't miss much.  I have now installed a custom rom (MIUI) and the phone works well

;