Acer Liquid Metal Gingerbread Android 2.3 – Support Forum

Doesn't read sd card [Acer Liquid Metal Gingerbread Android 2.3 - 205663]

Hi,

Sudenly my Acer Liquid MT does no read the sd card. I try a different sd card but the result is the same. Also I checked my sd card to another pnone an it works fine. Does anyone know what can i do?

Please help me!!

• Pezza1971

It may be a simple fix that sounds complicated to a novice, however, this is what you can try. Go to the Acer support site www.acer.co.uk/support and on the left of the screen click on download. follow the steps to select your model. you will be presented with all device drivers for that particular model based on the OS (version of windows). find the category on storsge devices or mass storage devices. and you will see some drivers with "richo" or "texas instruments"(cant remember the exact wording). this will be the driver for your card reader. download it and run it. that should sort the problem.

• Eilertsen

Hello,

If your phone is unable to read memory cards that you have tested and that are working on other devices then it does sound like your phone is having a hardware issue.

What you can do to make sure is to reset the phone back to factory settings. If the phone is still unable to read the memory cards then it should be looked at by a tech center.

Please bear in mind that running a factory reset on the phone will delete all settings and all information you have stored on it, so make sure to back up the information you want to keep before running it.

Kenneth Eilertsen (Quality Engineer, eXpansys)

• finn-chick
I apologise if I am posting this twice but my previous post seems to be empty...

My Acer Liquid MT is less than 4 months old and it also suddenly just stopped reading the sd card. I changed the sd card successfully from 2gb to 32gb some weeks ago and now neither one of them is recognised by my phone. I have formatted the card which didn’t help, neither did resetting my phone back to the factory settings.

Where can I find the closed tech center? I am located in London. All advice is much appreciated.
  • Eilertsen

There seem to be a few options available for you, have a look at :

Acer support

Kenneth Eilertsen (Quality Engineer, eXpansys) 

;