Acer n30 with WiFi SD and Bluetooth USB – Support Forum

Linking the n30 with the desktop [Acer n30 with WiFi SD and Bluetooth USB - 114012]

• chris7872
Hi all, i am having trouble linking the handheld to my PC, when i connect it to the USB cable it says it has connected but for some reason it then disconnects. i have installed all the correct software but it still wont work. any help would be appreciated thanks chris
  • Michael
Try turning off any antivirus software as this can sometimes cause a problem with the connection of the PDA. -- Michael - eXpansys
  • chris7872
No, iv just got home from school to try it, i shut down the entire antivirus system, and it still wont stay connected. further more from my original enquiry, how exactly do you use active sync, i mean, im not exactly all knowing about these things, after all im only 16. but please could you a step by step of how to actually put some files onto the PDA using active sync. then i might be able to get a better idea of how to solve the problem, becuase the user guide in all honesty is rubbish. many thanks chris
  • chris7872
i have just tried the new active sync 3.8 software, it does not make any difference at all. i plug the device in, it says it has connected, and then it disconnects. i have altered all the settings in numerous ways and still it wont work. more help appreciated thanks chris
  • Michael
If you have any anti-virus software, try turning it off as it can sometimes prevent the unit from connecting via activesync. -- Michael - eXpansys
  • chris7872
you said that yesterday. iv have already tried it!!!!! anyone else?????
  • Michael
Oops, sorry that was a post meant for for another thread. Are you getting any error messages from the PDA or the activesync software? Have you tried the other USB ports? -- Michael - eXpansys
  • chris7872
i have tried all six USB connection ports. but im not getting any error messages. it just says that it has connected but then drops the connection so i cant put items on the pda.
chris did you solve your problem my acer is the same signed robbie
;