Apple iPod 40GB – Support Forum

Line down centre of screen [Apple iPod 40GB - 107958]

• Jon12345
I have just received delivery of the iPod 40GB 4th generation and I must say I am somewhat disappointed. There is a line down the centre of the screen which is very visible. In some light and looking directly at it, I don't see it. But most of the time, even if at a slight angle and in most light conditions, it is very noticeable. Is this something I should return? Jon
  • Mik
By a line do you mean there are pixels missing or is it a scratch on the screen? -- Mick - eXpansys
  • Jon12345
Neither. It is like there is a crease in the screen but it is not a crease. It is to do with the clear perspex screen I think. Have you not seen anything similar before?
  • Mik
No not that I am aware of. Is there a screen cover on it? -- Mick - eXpansys
Hello, I just recieved a 20gb 4g pod for Christmas, and I too found mine has a crease down the center of the screen. It sounds exactly like the problem you are describing. Sure, it may not affect the inside of the pod, but hey, if my folks are going to plunk out 300$, this sucker should be touched by God, no imperfections. Im also dissappointed, Im going to see if I can exchange it for another one, or perhaps upgrade it to a 40. Any info on this would be nice, I wonder if it was just in a certain run of them or something? Shawnna
  • dtmatt
when I got my ipod there was a horizontal line across the screen, i was gutted but it disappeared when i charged the battery properly
  • Mik
Worth a try with the charging, if not then contact sales and they will expain the returns procedure to you. -- Mick - eXpansys
;