ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer – Support Forum

Asus Eee PC back orders [ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer - 158485]

• Yoni

I can confirm we have indeed received our second delivery yesterday of the 701 (in both colours) and for those at the top of our back order list  you can expect your delivery within the next 1-4 days, (depending on location). This includes our UK & EU clients as stock is being transfered to our EU distribution hub.

I can also confirm that we anticipate another delivery early next week of both the 701's & the 700's, providing we do not experience any delays with the goods clearing customs (exact numbers are as yet... to be confirmed),

As I'm sure you can appreciate Asus are working very hard to maximise/maintain supply, which is still currently being hugely outstripped by demand and are working very closely with their supply chain partners to manage this stock to try to maximise their stock coverage within the UK. As a result of this, none of the e-tailers/retailers are receiving all of their requested stock

BTW if you are desperate for your Eee-PC, the expected stock of the 700's due next week will currently more than cover the back orders we have, so if you are quick, you could grab one by the end of next week,

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• fritzlim

Hi Yoni

Thank you for that information! Much appreciated!

How far back goes the back order list? Can you give a date? Say everybody with an order before day x will get it's unit...

Thanks! 

• Yoni

Some orders have been on the system 4 weeks.

Yoni,
Forum Search

• fritzlim

ok. is it possible to say "we got 100pcs, we have 150 back orders, all orders up to xx november can be shipped"?

i understand that you are depending on ASUS' deliveries. if mine is not shipped today i think i'll cancel my order and someone else might be happy to take my place in the waiting list :) wont wait any longer ;) i'm just a bit impatient... ;)

• Yoni

It's not that easy to answer,

1. I don't know how the stock we get will be split between our offices. 

2. We are still waiting for payment/ confirmation on some orders.

Yoni,
Forum Search

• Gleth

Hi Yoni,

Though your post is very welcome, my phonecall to sales this morning got the answer 'no stock has arrived, none due until december'.

Will Irish orders be counted in the current set of deliveries? As mine was made on the 12th it would be nice to think I'd be amoungst the lucky ones getting their EeePC in the next 1-4 days :-)

Thanks! 

• Yoni

My info re the stock was from the product manager, I guess the sales staff are going off the info on the system.

As I said earlier, we are not sure how many unit we will recive on the next delivery.

So I am not in a position to say when your order will dispatch.

Yoni,
Forum Search

• shinobeee

Eeeek! 

Orders going as far back as a month!

Ok, well assuming I ordered mine on the 18 Nov, in the UK.  What are the chances of recieving one from either this batch, or the next one?  Or if you genuinely can't answer that one could you at least tell me if I'm gonna recieve it before the 16th Dec?

A simple 'maybe' would do (but a less vague answer would be ideal)

En España nosotros le llamamos a ésto...VUELVA USTED MAÑANA
  • ryanmg
it says on my order tracking. Main status: Awaiting stock. But then it says Status: Estimated 1 day. So does that mine will be shipped in one day ?
  • studiodaz

My Eee 701 (white) was order on 23 Nov and should have been in stock and ready for dispatch yesterday.
In fact I call before I made the order to get conformation on this. :(

Yesterday instead of my Eee being posted out to me it's status changed to another 7 days.

I will gladly wait another 7 days but if the date changes again I will cancel this order and also my other order for a digital photo frame (which is in stock).

I know if I have to cancel I may not get another one from anywhere before Christmas but I will get a cheaper one after Christmas or in the new year when all the shops are slashing their prices.

If all fails I may even order from Hong Kong.

EDIT:

Just looking at my tracking and it now says Estimated 1 Day :-) ....WOW thats great. nice one eXpansys.

http://www.asus.com/999/images/products/1907/1907_l.jpg

• fritzlim

studiodaz, my orderstatus is since monday on "estimated 1 day". yesterday even it changed for 1hr or so to "awaiting packing and shipping" but then back again to "estiamted 1 day".

so don't expect to much!

i'll wait for the outcome tomorrow and then probably cancel the order as well.

;