ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer – Support Forum

Eee Anti-Virus problem - "FAILED: No Virus database found" [ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer - 158485]

• alanjans

Can anyone offer some advice on a consistent issue I'm having with my Eee, and that's in relation to running an Anti-Virus scan. I have downloaded the latest virus definitions (and the AV package confirms that), yet, whenever I start any Scan, I immediately get the message: "FAILED: No Virus database found".

I've talked to Asus Support, but the only suggestion they can offer is to perform a full system recovery from the hidden partition, which I've done (twice!), but the Anti-Virus still stubbornly refuses to do any scanning because it can't find its database. I'm a Linux newbie, so am I missing something really obvious?

Incidentally, restoring the Eee from the hidden partition is a breeze - takes just a few seconds to unzip the software and reinstall it, so that's comforting to know should your machine ever go pear-shaped! (Provided, of course, you don't store your datafiles on the Eee istelf - I use a 2GB SD card.)

• Gleth

You might want to try talking to the people who supply the virus definitions, as while checks are made to prevent it happening it is possible that the definitions you loaded were corrupted and thus are unusable by the AV software. (One of the things I work on deals with AV and over the last three years I've seen a good half dozen corrupted definitions files).

Apart from that I would suggest asling the eeeuser.com forum as well.

Have Fun,

Jim. 

• alanjans

Thanks, Jim - I did try re-downloading the defs from scratch, just in case there was a corruption, but it hasn't made any difference. (I've done that three times so far.) 'll take your advice about trying the eeeuser.com forum.

Regards ..... Alan

The unified condition of the flying corps is one of the splendid thus oversees flying corps on the planet. This kid is looking glad since he gets academized and graduates in the school of the flying corps and prepared to begin their vocation. This is a flawless article.

Visit this homepage to know more about the service that helps students. No more tedious writing with them!

This is really helpful information that you have shared with me I was searching for the solution Web Development Company and found it on this platform I'm following you for more informative solutions like this.

• chinachin

word counter tool I am having the same problem, I will follow the topic, please wait for experts to help 

;