ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer – Support Forum

Install windows XP to a SD or SDHC card [ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer - 158485]

Walkthrough is on this site http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/12/install-windows-xp-to-sd-or-sdhc-card.html
  • Yoni

Thanks for the link, I think there will be a lot of interest.

So, I'm going to make it sticky. 

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• PeteGraham

Awesome.  If I order mine now will it be here yesterday?

Pete (I need JD) Graham ************** Damn you! Use forum search!!.

• danMdan

The instructions are anything but simple !  Surely there is an easier way than this ?

Why cannot I just use a Windows PC and Ghost software to create a bootable clone of my XP system on to an SDHC card, and then get the Eee to use that card as the boot device ?  

Or just install XP straight on the the SD card, using another Windows PC - how many new owners do you really expect to be able to follow the above instructions ?

Dm 

• Yoni

It is long winded but worth the effort in the end.

I tried it on the 2gb 701, with a 8gb SDHC card and it works a treat.

Yoni,
Forum Search

• danMdan

Am I correct in assuming that the existing Linux OS on the SSD remains equally usable ?  If so how do you switch between the two ?

And is it the XP Home or Pro. version ? 

Dan 

• Yoni

With this method , you replace the OS with XP, ghost it on to the SD card and then reinstall Linux.

You then get the dual boot option.

I used XP Pro SP2, the guide was done with SP1. 

Yoni,
Forum Search

• drmaslow2
Yoni, is it possible if i order it, to install for me the windows xp os and charge me for this?
  • colin987

Theres much better options now if u want Xp installed

Like the EEE 900, or 901 (recent price drops to 250 some places), fantastic advent 4211, Wind, or the new Atom driven Acer (eXpansys have it as coming soon)

The above all have slightly bigger 1024x600 screens which are much more useable than the 701s small 800x400 resolution

Amazing! Your legs look astonishing. I additionally need such tattoos I think they look incredible. Also, I like to get best thesis writing service that helps me a lot in my work. I will have such tattoos on my neck. I figure they will look wonderful. I am additionally going to have my mark on the arm.

;