Book Digital Co. SmartBook G/C138 Notebook – Support Forum

Smartbook 168C [Book Digital Co. SmartBook G/C138 Notebook - 107767]

• dharker
http://e683.com/en/htm/products_services/Products_show.asp?id=4 I found this on the Smartbook website. Might eXpansys be selling this device in the future? I tried to email the link on the page but the email came back: jiangkb@e683.com unrouteable mail domain "e683.com" Will continue trying...
  • Michael
The site seems to be down as well, not sure if this product will ever see the light of day in this country. I will have a word with purchasing and see if there is any plans for it. -- Michael - eXpansys
  • dharker
Hmm, yeah i cant load the site either. This version is a thousand times more expandable than the G/C138, it has on board wi-fi, VGA camera, SD card, and a nicer design. I found a canadian reseller too, but they haven't responded to my email yet. Will let you know if I hear anything.
  • dharker
Still haven't heard anything from the Canadian company. *Rolls Eyes* I managed to send an email to the manufacturer - i think it was my crappy emails that were at fault. Any word from eXpansys?
  • dharker
I have received a response: Dear Daniel Harker, I am sorry to inform you that Smartbook G168C is still under development, it can only be available at the beginning of next year. You can find more information about G138 and G168A in the enclosed document, they are available now. (See attached file: Book Digital Profile.doc) Best Regards: Kingwood I have already mailed back asking for a completion time frame on the 168C and prices on the 168A. These seem to be some of the nicest PDAs launched in recent years IMHO
  • dharker
Dear Dan Harker, The price for G138 and G168A is the same, and it is 650 usd per unit FOB shenzhen. G168C will be available at the early of next year. Best Regards: Kingwood Any ideas what FOB stands for?
  • dharker
OK: Kingwood said that the UK distributor would decide the retail price. I have emailed him.
;