Cardo Scala 700 VoIP Kit – Support Forum

Kit compatiblity [Cardo Scala 700 VoIP Kit - 143028]

• Hiroyou
Hi all, Does anyone know whether the Cardo VoIP kit including bluetooth headset and USB key is compatible with any other voice application such as google talk, MSN Messenger, Ventrillo, teamspeak etc. Or will it only be recognized by Skype and a bluetooth cell phone, as it was intended. Thanks
  • Hiroyou
Hi All just a self follow-up for anyone who is interested... Dear Customer, In order to use the Remote Voice Control functionality of the scala-VoIP, you can only use it with SKYPE. The scala-VoIP package will work with any other VoIP application for simple use, just to speak and listen. You must pair the headset to the computer using the Cardo Voice Dialer software that''s included in the package. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Regards, Ariel Ariel Lifschitz Cardo Systems Support Center www.cardowireless.com ariel@cardosystems.com 412-788-4533 1-800-488-0363
  • ChrisLim
I purchased this thinking that it was going to be able to work with other VOIP software too like X-Lite and IDEFISK. I''m disappointed that it didn''t. You market this as Cardo Scala 700 VOIP. It should have probably been marketed as a Cardo Scala 700 Skype. Are there future plans to upgrade the system to support standard audio/microphone capabilites? I do use Skype but the primary reason for this was corporate consolidation of our salesforce to use 1 headset for their VOIP calls (via x-Lite and IDEFISK). I already have a Cardo Scala 700 for my wife and I must say that its one of the better headsets I''ve used so far but I can''t recommend this version as its pretty much the same for us as we do not use Skype. I''d be willing to be on a beta test group if you guys have such support plans.
;