Casio Exilim EX-Z850 Digital Camera – Support Forum

flash problem [Casio Exilim EX-Z850 Digital Camera - 132548]

• alancran
When trying to take pictures in low light/darkness red led flashes continually (to indicate flash is charging) but will not flash or take picture. It would appear the flash is not charged up. By removing battery and cleaning contacts on battery and replacing the flash then operates but problem returns next day and one has to go through cleaning process again. (Camera is 2 months old, battery contacts are sufficiently clean and shiny) Anyone had similar problems?
  • emmiman
Hello alancran, i have exactly the same problem with this cam. But it happens each time when I turn on the cam. My cam is 3 weeks old. I contact Casio, but they have no idea where the problem is. I should send the cam to the casio-service. I think there is no problem with the batterie/Akku or the SD-Card. Perhaps problem with the firmware or hardware! emmiman
  • Madlymo
Hello I have the Casio Exilim EX-Z850 Camera too and have exactly the same problem with the flash not working. It really limits your indoor photography. I''ve had the camera since June 06. I have been searching on the net to see if anyone else has had problems and found this forum. I tried cleaning the battery connection and Hey Presto! it worked for me too. Just wondered if you had any more information as to why this should happen. Would welcome your comments. I have copied this post to alancran in the hope he might have some info too. Maureen
  • Madlymo
Hello I have the Casio Exilim EX-Z850 Camera too and have exactly the same problem with the flash not working. It really limits your indoor photography. I''ve had the camera since June 06. I have been searching on the net to see if anyone else has had problems and found this forum. I tried cleaning the battery connection and Hey Presto! it worked for me too. Just wondered if you had any more information as to why this should happen. Would welcome your comments. I have copied this post to emmiman in the hope he might have some info too. Maureen
Hi, Exactly the same problem here. Had mine since May 06. Its a real pain. I went through the same diagnostics as previous posts and had the same outcome. I dont think its the contact cleaning that restores operation of the flash, probably more to do with resetting the camera memory since the problem returns as soon as the camera is turned off and immediately back on. (not enough time for any oxidisation of contacts to occurr). It can''t be coincidence that I''ve found quite a few similar reports on this and other forums. I''ve just spoken to the UK Casio service department who say they have not had any flash problems with the 850. Curious! However, mine is going back to them for investigation. I will post the outcome in due course.
  • Madlymo
Hi Mike I look forward to your post on the outcome of this problem. As you say it''s a real pain. I''ve had my camera since June this year. Am very happy with it apart from this really annoying problem. Maureen
Same problem with my Exilim, which I purchased in June 06. I can''t find my warranty information...hope it''s still covered. I''d be interested in knowing how Casio is dealing with problem...are repairs being made, or cameras replaced?
  • Madlymo
Hi Mike Just wondered if you had any luck with returning your camera for investigation to Casio about the flash problem. Still having same problem with mine, it always goes wrong just at that moment you want to capture. Would be interested to hear what Casio said. As mine was only bought in June it''s still under warranty. Hope to hear some good news soon. Maureen
  • Madlymo
Hi Mike Just wondered if you had any luck with Casio and if they found out what the fault was. Would be very interested to know. My camera is still the same, it''s so annoying and it always fails when you have the opportunity of taking that quick snap shot. Look forward to hearing from you Regards Maureen
;