CoPilot iPAQ h2210 Navigation System – Support Forum

Unable to install mapdata cd to laptop [CoPilot iPAQ h2210 Navigation System - 108702]

• Mehan
Bought the copilot bundle with hp2210 but am unable to install the second disc, the map data. It gets installed to about 86% and then stops with 'error' on the screen. Is the disc defective? There is ample space on my laptop and no problems with the CD drive. Pl. advice. The error on the screen reads: Severe - Error
  • Mahesh
Can you please post the exact error message you get ? I'll see if I can speak with ALK (manufacturers) and see if we can solve it. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • Mehan
The error on the screen reads: Severe - Error
  • Mahesh
Ummm never come across that one before, give ALK Europe's Tech Support a call on 0207 404 4222 and see if they can help. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • Mehan
Infact, I did consult them and I was told to re-install the software which I did and the same problem persisted. I have returned the software CD's to expansys for a replacement. Is that OK!
  • Mahesh
Have you just returned the software CD's or the whole pack ? In any case can you please email support@expansys.com with your order ref please ? Mark the email to my attention. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • Mehan
Hi Mahesh, Have just sent you the email with the details.
  • Mahesh
Got it, I have passed it on to the returns dept. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • Mehan
Hi Mahesh, Could you let me know when the replacement software will be sent to me.
  • Mahesh
I will enquire with the returns dept and let you know. Probably they'll email you directly today. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • Mehan
Hello Mahesh, Sam Thomas from ALK has replaced the CD's and now I am able to download the data cd. The mapdata CD was infact corrupt. Thanks for your efforts and to Sam. Could you direct me to buy an external antenna for the copilot CF Gps that came along with my 2210 bundle. Regards.
  • Mehan
Hello Mahesh, Could you guide me to procure(part no.,etc.,at expansys) an external(active) antenna that is compatible for the copilot CF GPS. Regards. K.Mehan
;