CoPilot iPAQ h2210 Navigation System – Support Forum

CoPilot failure to install on desktop [CoPilot iPAQ h2210 Navigation System - 108702]

• Joe Day
Copilot program received in ipaq2210/copilot4 CF bundle will not install on desktop and stalls at 16% complete with message "medianame data component program files/application filegroup PCP4.0 EU auto file name product copilot.sh3 cab error code 106". Have tried three times and tried a different CD reader with no success. Installation of pocket speech and Copilot to ipaq appears to be OK although it does not recognise the GPS card and seeks registration when I try to run it. I have had no problems so far with other installations to the desktop ie outlook. Also during installation a message to overwrite read-only file TABCTL32.ocx in windows system32 folder appeared but I can't now find this file on my computer any idea what program it could be and could it have been erased and not replaced? My order ref. is 488131D8AB8A I also have a problem with the PDA mount supplied which does not match the vent clip (or vice versa)and have posted this to Arkon forum and customer service.
  • Michael
It sounds like that you have a faulty CD, contact the ALK support team and they will replace it, you can contact them on this number - 020 7404 4222. -- Michael - eXpansys
  • Joe Day
1. Have contacted ALK and obtained replacement disks and installed the program successfully 2. Mount and clip have been returned for refund and I will order a repacement mount. Now I only have to persuade the iPaq that the GPS is not a modem ?? Thanks for the help. Joe.
;