D-Link DI-514 802.11b Wireless Router – Support Forum

Linux support [D-Link DI-514 802.11b Wireless Router - 110641]

How well does this product work with Linux? I have a Linux/UNIX network, with no MS Windows or Mac machines on it, so any wireless device will have to be configurable from Linux. The last wireless AP I bought from Expansys also said 'configurable via web browser', but turned out to need MS Windows IE plugins to be installed, which was useless since I don't own any MS Windows machines, so had to return it. Will it work with the Spectrum 24 card on my Zaurus? Is the encryption used standard WEP, or proprietry?
  • PhotoJim
I can't comment on the configurability (but I think Linux browsers should work fine). As for WEP, it seems standard. I have used three different brands of WiFi NICs (Pheenet, TrendNet and the WiFi built into my Sony Clie PEG-TJ37) and had no difficulties.
  • larsrc
I can tell you (a little belated now) that it does work with standard web browsers, including Mozilla on Linux and Mac, Galeon on Linux, and Safari on Mac. Encryption seems to be standard WEP, as we're connection with SMC, Airport and something third.
;