EXPANSYS Memory 1GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive – Support Forum

Data protection [EXPANSYS Memory 1GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - 105787]

• Hacker
From an earlier thread (256Mb) I assume that there is no password protection built into this device. Are you aware of any problems with loading either password protection software or encryption software onto this device. I need to be able to carry around data that can't be accessed should I lose the device or have it stolen. Thanks
  • Michael
There isn't a problem as far as I am aware. -- Michael - eXpansys
  • Hacker
Thanks. I'll order one and let you know if there is a problem.
  • Michael
Ok, that is fine. -- Michael - eXpansys
  • sfoister
I have bought two of these, and they do have security built in. And I have a problem with it! The USB key is branded 'Dane-elec', and comes partioned into a 'floppy-disk' sized element (which came up as disc B on my pc) and the rest of the 1GB section (came up as I). The security software is in B - run the application from there, set a password. Then next time you slot the thing in, you can only see disc B. Until you run the secuirty application and enter your password, then 'I' reappears as well. That worked fine on my XP pc at work. And worked fine on my Win2000 laptop at home. For a couple of days. I have about 100MB on there. Then this morning, I can only see disc I, with nothing at all on it, disc name has disappeared, and around 900MB of free space. No disc B, no software for me to enter my password, none of my files. How do I get at them? I guess it is some sort of problem with using it on both XP and Win2000. I'll try it back at home tonight, and see if it still works on the Win2000 laptop. But that is not helping with this morning's report.....
;