EXPANSYS Universal HotSync Cable for iQue 3600 – Support Forum

Charges but will not Hotsync [EXPANSYS Universal HotSync Cable for iQue 3600 - 110237]

• rogerbull
I have the Garmin iQue3600 which hotsyncs fine from its cradle, but when I try to do the same with the Universal HotSync cable (Stock Code 103725), it will not connect, after 30 seconds I have the message" The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again." The charge/connection light is on, so I know it is seated correctly, and I am using the same settings that I use for the cradle that was supplied with it. It is the same PC (IBM Thinkpad T40 running XP Pro) that I have been using with the Cradle. Is it a cable compatability problem, or do I need to make some changes to my set up, please
  • tegan59
I have basically the same problem, but about every 1 in 20 attempts the unit will hotsync without changing anything. I just keep pressing the button until it syncs. I have not been able to figure out why, but it does seem to be a cable compatibility issue as my original sync cradle works every time.
;