EXPANSYS USB Data Cable – Support Forum

Trouble installing the cable [EXPANSYS USB Data Cable - 126645]

• piel
Hi - So I plugged in the cable to two different machines. Both recognized the USB device and prompted for a driver. I tried the CD I got from the K700i I just bought from you, as well as the latest driver I downloaded from SE's web site. Each time (well over 10 times per computer), the install failed, telling me that the wizard can not find the necessary software...even though I pointed the wizard directly to the appropriate directory. I should probably specify that I am using a 6 month old Dell, running WinXP home with all the latest Service Packs and I turned off the anti-virus and firewall during the installation. Any ideas?
  • piel
OK - So I have gotten further. Reading: <http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=DCU-11&thread=5> I was able to modify the SE driver to recognize the cable. Installation proceeds, but then gives me Error 10 (Can not start). Windows help suggest I uninstall and re-install the driver. Did that five times, to no avail.
  • danch
No joy with this. The other thread only has one link to a driver that I could see, and that is blocked by our filewall as it is a filesharing site. www.sonyericsson.com doesn't show any drivers - useless. I did try this site http://www.cellphonemall.net/wireless/store/c_data_cables.asp and that seemed to show one, but after having installed the driver and rebooted, the cable is still plinged (red X) in Device Manager. It says it is a USB-UART Controller - so I think this cable is a USB to Serial converter. Anyone got any more links to drivers that are worth a shot? cheers, Danny
  • danch
Also, this cable has a small box midway along it, not shown on the pic, with a microswitch marked L or R as options. Anyone got any clue what these are for? It seems to charge on the L setting, but also to respond to the R as well.
  • brubert
Ho acquistato il cavo in questione ORA usb DCU 11 ma è senza driver. Il supporto tecnico mi dice di scaricare i driver Sony ma non funzionano. Il prodotto senza driver non serve a nulla. chi ha acquistato questo prodotto COME HA FATTO? Lo ha fatto funzionare?
;