HP iPAQ h5550 Pocket PC – Support Forum

Wpa on cannot connect - security off connects ok ??? [HP iPAQ h5550 Pocket PC - 105734]

• rick2525

Hi, my 5550 is full patched and all drivers and firmware installed for wpa.

My problem is if i switch my wpa on in the router (netgear 834gt) i cannot connect and get the page cannot be displayed error.

If i turn off all security on the router i can connect fine without a problem.

In all cases the router sees the 5550, i have checked the key, login details, mac filtering, ssid is correct.

Both the ipaq and the router can see each other but with wpa enabled on the router no internet access.

Is wpa really enabled and working properly on the ipaq because other units work fine with the router wirelessly?

Turning off wpa is really not ideal and i really would like to get to the bottom of this.

here is a post asking for tech support to post the correct way to check and configure it but it had no reply,sending the ipaq to service for a simple config is also no an option. 

• Yoni

Does it work if you use WEP? 

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• rick2525

Hi

no page available although the router sees the ipaq

• rick2525

Hi,just a thought which type of wpa encryption is supported by the ipaq?

my router only supports TKIP

• rick2525
After reading a few other posts i have a problem which was sorted out but no answers given, i have checked the rom version and it says 1.10.10 ENG but the date as in a previous post is 03/24/04 i beleive that the date should be later, any pointers as to where the correct rom is and do i need to hardware reset before flashing.
;