HTC P4550 TyTN II – Support Forum

BlueTooth on Kaiser [HTC P4550 TyTN II - 148524]

• GR8D8

I can not get my HBH-DS970 stereo headset to connect properly to the device to listen to my music via headset.I don't get the little icon on the Kaiser that indicates it is connected via BT.

The headset has multipoint switched on. When I pair the two while the headset is in discover mode, it is recognized and seems to be set up on the device but the headset screen shows it is still discovering and it doesn't show it pairing up.  I have looked in Settings, Connections tab, Bluetooth, and selected the already set up headset (yes, with both handsfree and stereo checked). 

There is no option to use this device, just Save or Cancel or Refresh.  By selecting any of these, nothing gets the headset working.

If I use the call handling button on the headset it activates on the phone to use voice dialling so I know it will work on calls. Hitting the discover button on the headset doesn't pair it up and play my music either.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Luigino1

I experienced a very similar problem to this with the HTC Touch (see http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=96711) - some stereo headphones would only pair for hands free calling even though the correct settings for wireless stereo had been selected.  I find the stereo bluetooth to be very temperamental on my device however I did eventually work out how to get both my sets of headphones (Sony DR BT20NX and Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970) to work properly every time, so this method may work for the Kaiser too:

Firstly, switch off the phone and the headset; power up the phone and switch on bluetooth and make sure the comm manager>settings>bluetooth>mode>'make this device visible' setting is ticked; start up your music player but dont play any music yet; then switch on the DS970 headset - the headset should now pair for handsfree at least at this point; if the stereo bluetooth icon has not appeared in the phone's status bar area try hitting the play button on the DS970 remote unit, hopefully this will connect the stereo correctly.

HTH

• Yoni

Thanks for the info, I will make it sticky.

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• GR8D8

Thanks a bunch Luigino1!!  That seems to work.  A bit different as I was expecting to see a Menu option in WMP to transfer sound to bluetooth.  I can work with it though.  Loving this phone otherwise.

Thanks for your Help.

Good evening to the forum.Im a new user and sorry for my strange accent.I have a bluetooth problem too.My Kaiser cant find the headset HTC S100  https://www.expansys.com.gr/p.aspx?i=140283 i believe maybe its incompatible with it.Is this possible?Anyone has any idea what should i  do?
  • Luigino1

The HTC S100 should, in theory, be fully compatible with any A2DP Bluetooth device including the Kaiser.  Have you followed the correct pairing procedure?

On the HTC S100 press the power button, keep holding it down for around 15-20 seconds.
First it will go blue/purple, after around 5 secounds of continuing to hold the power button it will start to flash red and blue  (quoted from Yoni elsewhere on these boards).

Next, on the Kaiser/Phone go to settings/connections/bluetooth/add new device.  The phone should begin searching for bluetooth devices and discover the HTC S100.  Tick both the handsfree and wireless stereo options when these appear (if a password request appears at any time then this is usually 0000, however you should check the S100 documentation to confirm this).  Click on next/finish to finish the pairing.

From here I would expect the process to complete correctly.  If you find you are still having problems then I would suggest following the additional procedures I have outlined above in a previous post.

Hope this helps.

LuigiNo1.

• kms

I'm using the sony bluetooth audio controller VGP-BRM1 with the tytn 2, and works without any problems, although sound quality through any BT headset is'nt very good, I preferred wired headset.

kms 

• dbhskdvr
Just a note here, I've not had problems with my bluetooth, but HTC just released a 'hotfix' for bluetooth which is downloadable to registered users on their website.  (Now if they would just fix the video drivers...;-)
  • mattprice

Any chance that you have a copy of the bluetooth 'hotfix' as it is no longer available on HTC's e club download page.

Rgds

Matt Price

• Yoni

Matt you can find it here

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

;