HTC Touch Diamond Extended Battery BP E270 – Support Forum

GPS will not work when this battery is in use?!! [HTC Touch Diamond Extended Battery BP E270 - 166204]

• velb95
EN
which tells, that "The GPS function of the machine, will not work when this battery is in use".
Do you know anything about it (obviously, if it's true)?
oggi ho visto sul sito http://www.clove.co.uk/viewProduct.aspx?Manufacturer=CameronSino&Item=ExtendedBattery(1800mAh)-HTCTouchDiamond&Product=30EB1DEF-CE29-4EA5-B021-E151FCA14D73&Category=CB077B5C-390D-4153-8EDD-44D1B2BEF716about:Tabs
che "GPS non funziona, quando la batteria BP E270 viene utilizzata sul dispositivo..."
Vorrei sapere perché (se la notizia sia vera, ovviamente).
Saluti,
Velb
  • Yoni

I can't confirm, or deny the fault, but I could be down to it being a 3rd party battery. 

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• airali81

Allora, chiarisco una volta per tutte questo punto:

La batteria estesa originale HTC che noi della eXpansys vendiamo non potrà in nessun modo entrare in conflitto con il GPS.

Qualora invece la domanda riguarda una batteria estesa non originale, a quel punto effettivamente potrebbero sorgere problemi con il GPS.

Ilaria Di Franco

eXpansys Customer Care

• velb95

Grazie per le risposte,

aggiungo, che la stessa risposta ho ricevuto anche da supporto tecnico di HTC Italia.

Poi, il sito (su cui ho trovato l'informazione che collega tra la batteria e GPS) ha smesso di vendere quel tipo delle batterie, quindi, sembra che adesso tutti possono essere tranquilli, acquistandola soltanto dal eXpansys.

velb

• barretoi

Hello,

As Velb95 is not the only person interested in this problem, is it possible to translate the 2 previous posts in english ?

Thanks

• PeteGraham

Yes, using google translate - free and quick...

Airali81's post:

So clarify once and for all this:

The extended battery original HTC of eXpansys that we sell can not in any way conflict with the GPS.

If instead the question concerns an extended battery is not genuine, then you could actually cause problems with the GPS.

Ilaria Di Franco

eXpansys Customer Care

Velb95's post:

Thank you for the answers,

I add that the same answer I also received technical support from HTC Italy.

Then, the site (which I found information linking the battery and GPS) has stopped selling that type of batteries, and then, it seems that now everyone can be calm, acquistandola only from eXpansys.

velb

I'm guessing "acquistandola" being as it's very similar to the english "acquire" or "acquisition" would mean "purchase".
EDIT: Guess that makes me a cunning linguist ;)

Pete (I need JD) Graham ************** Damn you! Use forum search!!.

• velb95

Translation for barretoi and other non Italian speakers:

1. response from airali81 ->

OK, I have to clarify for everybody,- the HTC Touch Diamond extended battery inc. cover BP E270, which we sell on eXpansys, is the original HTC product, that will not conflict with your device GPS. Some problems may occur by using non original battery. Ilaria Di Franco eXpansys Customer Care.

2. response from velb ->

... also I should tell you, that the same answer was received from HTC tecnical support center in Italy. About non original battery: everyone should be calm about this, because the website which sold it, now has ceased to. You can buy it from eXpansys and be happy.

Hope now barretoi is OK with these responses.

For PeteGraham: "acquistandola" means  "ordering it", Google translate doesn't know it ;)

Best regards,

velb

• PeteGraham

Aha!  Google translate is NOT infallible!  Excellent - thanks for letting me know.  Perhaps I am not as cunning a linguist as I first thought ;)

Pete (I need JD) Graham ************** Damn you! Use forum search!!.

• velb95

You're welcome!

velb

• velb95

EN.

OK. Here am I again (with the good news this time) :)

I've ordered this battery and it's absolutely perfect. It makes the PPC little more thick, but it still suitable with all pouches, I've used with the regular one before.

The GPS also works properly (like all other software on my PPC).  Now about lifetime of this battery if you listen to 3G Internet music broadcasting (like "Digitally Imported" 192 kbps internet radio) it support 3-3,5 hours before your phone will die, so now i can use it in my gym for 2,5 hours of workout and then I still have a normal battery powerlife for my phone calls and programs (the basic 900mAh battery supports 2 hours of 3G internet music/Youtube  broadcasting or 12 hours on stand by with some phone-calls,  but never both of them together).

Another big "+" of this battery is its new rubber-like finished cover. It makes your phone much less slipper.

May be you still so lucky to not experience that, I wasn't: with the previous shiny cover my PPC has easily slipped from its pouch, so, once it collapsed from more then 1,5 m down.

So, now I can tell you, that even after this incident the HTC Touch Diamond works perfectly (some kind of real stress test).

Now about eXpansys Extended Battery for HTC Touch Diamond 1700mAh:

The GPS works properly with it also. If you really need the long life battery, you may buy it, but you should know that the cover doesn't have the cam coverglass (like the original one does), so it lets the dust and humidity to penetrate in, which should make your phone more vulnerable.

Then,- it change the profile of the phone (instead of  thin and delicate profile of the original HTC TD you'll get some kind of humpback). So, in my case it was an error to order it and I had to send it back, to change for the 1340mAh HTC version, I've lost the DHL shipment costs I had to pay twice.

Velb

RU.

ОК. Вот и я вновь на форуме (и на этот раз с хорошими новостями).      

Я заказал эту батарею, и она само совершенство. КПП немного добавляет в толщину, но по-прежнему влезает в свой обычный паучь, который я использовал с предыдушей батареей.      

• airali81

Ciao,

Confermo che la funzione GPS non viene in alcun modo intaccata con la batteria estesa.

;