HTC Touch Diamond Extended Battery BP E270 – Support Forum

Compatible with XDA Ignito [HTC Touch Diamond Extended Battery BP E270 - 166204]

• IanTiff

Hello,

I wanted to know if the O2 XDA Diamond extended battery & cover, works on O2's XDA Ignito? Your header calls it O2 XDA Diamond, which does not exist. O2's HTC Diamond equivalent is the XDA Ignito, which has a different back cover the the HTC Diamond and loks like that in your description.

I was needing an extended life battery for this phone and know that the HTC Diamond cover does not fit the Ignito. Also, i wanted to know, having read some forums, if this battery is likely to interfer with the GPS as some people have mentioned?

Again, I am a little confused by your description of the product as there are two phones which are both made by HTC as far as I am aware:- The HTC Diamond & the O2 XDA Ignito which is the same phone but made specifically for O2.

Appreciate your help,

Thanks,

Ian 

Hi Ian,

HTC made Xda Diamond for O2, which is simiar to Touch Diamond, but the form factor of two devices are slightly different. Hence, the battery cover for the extended battery of both devices are different. I'm not quite sure where you get the name of Touch Ignito from, as far as can see you are asking about Xda Diamond extended battery, if that's the case,  here is the solution for you. 

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=173907

With regards to the GPS issue, I have to refer you to my colleage who looks after the device.

Thanks,

Alisha

• IanTiff

Hi Alisha,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the link that you have posted is the one that I was looking at and the cover is the same as mine (the Ignito) and not the HTC Diamond. Again, as I stated in my inital post, HTC make their own Diamond, but the one they make for O2 is called the XDA Ignito, which is what I have and not the XDA Diamond. http://www.my-xda.com/devices/xda_ignito.jsp Perhaps that was the name being used before it was released, but basically the XDA Diamond & XDA Ignito are the same thing and have the flat backed cover rather than the shiny Diamond profiled cover of the HTC Diamond.

Just really wanted to establish that the link you posted for the £52 is suitable for mine, which i guess it is! If not what is the warranty situation?

I've seem the 1800mAh battery but the cover for this is bulky and not flat. Also read about GPS problems, not sure how that happens, but wanted to be sure that the one you referd me to doesn't affect the GPS in any way.

Cheers again,

Ian 

Hi Ian,

HTC make Xda Ignito for O2 UK and they called it Xda Diamond in Germany. so the extended battery I referred for should be what you are after, if not, you can go through our return process. I'm afaid that we are waiting for the stock of these extended battery + battery covers.

With regards to the battery's interfering problem with GPS, I haven't heard of it. but I don't think there is an issue about that, maybe it  just happened in one of the cases ocassinally.

Regards,

Alisha 

• IanTiff

Hi Alisha,

Thanks for your response to this question. Having clarified this info I will order the product shortly.

Thanks again for your help.

Ian

;