Hello fellow HTC Touch Pro owners,
I have had my Touch Pro since November '08. I have Sprint "Simply Everything" plan. And I am not happy with this phone.
Here is a list of the FEW things I Like about the Touch Pro, and a LONG list about the things I Dislike about this phone.
- Size: Phone fits nicely in your hand.
- Screen Resolution: Nice, clear, crisp picture
- Looks: It has a cool, high-tech look, with alittle "bling-bling"
- Accessories: Comes with carrying case, 1G MicroSD, stereo headset, USB charger, and extra stylus.
- Battery Life: Regardless what the specs say, you ONLY get 3 to 4 hours of Standby time.
- TouchFLO 3D: It's SLOW and RESTRICTING. You get a delay or lag as you slide from tab to tab. The phone does unusal things if you try to bypass TF3D and us Windows Mobile Today screen. And you don't have access to any of the TF3D functions.
- TouchFLO 3D Customization: There is No Customization to the TF3D layout. It is what it is!!
- Opera Mobile Browser: This browser is also slow and confusing, when it comes to Sending, Receiving, and Refreshing. It has limited User Interface that lets you know what it's doing. You can bypass it by using Explorer, but any hyperlinks reverts back to Opera.
- Opera Browser Bookmarks: When you create a Bookmark, it's supposed to capture the website icon, but it doesn't do it all the time, and substitutes it with a generic star.
- Call Waiting Management: The handling of two calls at once is HORRIBLE and CONFUSING. You never REALLY know who you are speaking too, as you try to switch from one caller to another.
- Home screen selections: You only have two choices: Call History and Calender. That's It!! No Customization.
- Home screen wallpaper: You can change the wallpaper on the Home screen only. The other tab screens remain blank.
- Home screen clock: The clock blocks out most the the wallpaper. You can Flip it out the way, but then you can't see the date.
- Call History: It ONLY saves up to two weeks of your previous call log.
- Home, Talk, Back, End Key: They don't respond EVERYTIME / All The Time. Sometimes you have to press the keys SEVERAL times before you get a response. Maybe due to the TF3D
- Back Key: This key does NOTHING AT ALL!!!
- Keyboard Backlight: The backlight time cannot be controlled, and turns off too quickly, if there is a delay in pressing keys. This makes it difficult to type in the dark.
- Bluetooth connection: This phone seems to get CONFUSED, LOST, or FRUSTRATED from trying to Multi-task, and will drop the Bluetooth connection at ANYTIME. When you go to the TF3D Settings, it says the Bluetooth is ON, but the icon in the title bar is gone. So you have to do a Soft Reset to make it right. This happens ATLEAST once a day!!
- Bluetooth headset usage: When using a Bluetooth headset, you must answer all calls from the headset. Anytime you answer from the phone, the call comes throught the phone, NOT your Bluetooth headset. And dispite the icon showing in the title bar, n