i-mate JASJAM Pocket PC Phone – Support Forum

WMP Library not seeing Storage Card [i-mate JASJAM Pocket PC Phone - 138536]

• simo101
Hi all,i recently upgraded to the JASJAM - love it, great unit. However, recently i have had a problem with Windows Media player (on the PPC) - all of a sudden, when i went to the library, it didnt show any of the music files that atre on the storage card. It did for a few weeks, but now it does not. When i select "update Library", it goes to the process of searching for files, but just as it starts "adding files", it stops. I can cancel out of it, but after leaving it stopped for a few minutes (hoping it would continue after it had some time to think), it froze up. I have tries a reset, deleting the Storage card and re-sync, removing MP3/WMA/WMV files, it just keeps doing it. When i re-formatted the Storage card and reset, and started again, it worked for a day, then did it again.... Any thoughts?
  • Wubble

Hi there, I'd love to say I am helping you resolve your problem but alas, I am also having the exact same problem with my i-mate jasjam and trying to play music through my storage card & windows media player.  As with you, I tried to add library, and it found the files but hung when it was trying to add them.  I deleted them off the storage card and recopied from my pc to storage card, then inserted into the jasjam.  Same problem again.  The files will play fine through File Explorer, although it does not display the track name.  You then have to go back to file explorer to play each track.  Every track also says the artist's name.  Have you had any responses/solutions to your problem, as I'd really like to be able to use WMP properly.

Regards,

fellow frustrated wmp/jasjam user!

• Wubble

Hi there, just in case you haven't managed to solve you problem yet, here's what you need to do (courtesy of club i-mate support).  Firstly, make sure all programs are not running (start, settings, system, memory, running programs, stop all).  Then, go into file explorer, find the folder on your storage card called "MSMETADATA" and delete it.  You should then be able to go into windows media player and see the files, and also be able to update your library.  It looked on mine like it was going to get stuck again as it was adding them, but it didn't.  I am now able to see the files in windows media player - hooray!!!!!!!!!!  Good luck.  Would love to know if it works out for you.

;