i-mate PDA-N GPS Pocket PC – Support Forum

Imate PDA-N and TomTom Navigator SD - 'No GPS Device' [i-mate PDA-N GPS Pocket PC - 129261]

• DrRSS

Hi,

I just bought the tomtom gps sd card s/ware for my pda-n - but there seems to be no GPS in the PDA - am I wrong in assuming that PDA-N has GPS rx? All I get on any and every option is 'No GPS device!' and cannot see anything re GPS in the windows menus. The cursory discussion in the manual is not good either (less than helpful) - should/do I need to buy an external bluetooth GPS or will i-mate  actually work?

• Yoni

I think it needs to be set up as, other NMEA,  Com 4, baud rate of 960.

Let us know how you get on. 

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• DrRSS

Hi,

thanks, tried this but still no gps device detected - strangely also find that the button that is supposed to work the gps is now assigned to ms outlook! No setting tried thus far seems to work. I guess that I may have to buy a bluetooth external GPS - any suggestions as to what works?

Indeed any suggestions as to how to re-set the imate (hard reset did not reset properly - ie keys still assigned wrongly) would be appreciated.

• Yoni

In settings, have you got a GPS icon? 

Yoni,
Forum Search

• DrRSS

No,  there was one but not there now I'm afraid - I don't know how to get it back (hence the comments re hard resets and so forth)

• Yoni

I can't see any roms online for it.

You may need to send it to iMate for a reflash. 

Yoni,
Forum Search

• DrRSS
Thanks for this - I wonder if it would be quicker/cheaper to buy a bluetooth gps receiver unit to just use the PDA-N as a medium for the maps and a pda at other times? The receiver on the back of the unit looks like it could use a boost when in the car (and I have read same elsewhere) - any recommendations?
  • DrRSS
Strange to reply to myself but just thought that I would say - for the record - that the unit now works. I have no idea why (I did nothing new to it) - maybe the GPS was on a long weekend?
  • Yoni

Thanks for posting back. 

Yoni,
Forum Search

;