i-mate PDA-N GPS Pocket PC – Support Forum

Performance...and price. [i-mate PDA-N GPS Pocket PC - 129261]

I would very much like to buy one of these as I have a Jam already. However, I am concerned that it is so cheap for a WM5 device compared to the Jamin. Is it particularly slow in real world usage against the Jam (a 300 cpu against a 416)? Also, is the GPS SirfII or Sirf III? All comments appreciated, Thanks, Simon.
  • dreaddan
Dont know about peformance but is aparently Sirf III chipset. Dan
  • dreaddan
I've finally got tomtom navigator 5 running on the PDA-N runns fine will play with it some more. Only problem I've found is that the car kit that is included has a rigid arm which limits where you can put the unit. I've had to order a bendy arm holder for my car as I cant find any where to place it. Dan
  • Rob W
The mounting arm in the kit is very stiff but can be bent into positions, Its bent in the zoomed image to fit into the picture.
  • dreaddan
Doh! I've just orderd another mount kit... Oh well I'll use that for my phone. Edit: just checked the pic - I guess it didnt register Dan
You say "finally" - I just bought one an expect to install my TT5 - which problems will I run in to.. ?
Pls give me som hints how you did - I´m fighting with mine rigth now - pls contact me by mail if easier.... pkc @ scanboat . com - hope to hear from you soon. :-)
  • dreaddan
Hi, I assume you have TTN5 with the SD card. From what I rember: On the card you have a dir called 2577. Install all of these cabs to the device doing TTN.cab last. Do a soft reset Run the 5.21 update from TT's site and install to the device as well. Do another soft reset and you should be laugthing! Edit:I've changed the procedure as it didnt make sence.
Thanks ! perfect. Now - configuring the gps ? Are you using "kabel gps" 9600 baud on com4 too - or have you found another - maybe better configuration ? Thanks in advance.
  • dreaddan
I set to other NMEA @ 4800 but then I only get wired, bluetooth or other NMEA device. Do you have a gps icon under connections ctrl pannel?
:-) I´m sitting indoor rigth now (its raining here in DK) - but I can see that that configuration also finds a gps. To morrow I´ll see which of the setup that seems to give the best result. Regarding icon - nope. I can also read in the quick guide that [quote]:"while the device is active, the GPS reciever is always available via com4 at a baud rate at 9600" look at page 15 in the QG. Another question: Which version is the TT5 you are having ? - mine says App-version 5.000 (4890) when I look in "setup" under "show version"
  • dreaddan
Mine says app version 5.21 (5430). dan
;