i-mate SP5m Music Smartphone – Support Forum

Will tomtom mobile work with this? [i-mate SP5m Music Smartphone - 125726]

• gazhowell
Does anyone know whether tomtom mobile 5 will work with this? It works with the i-mate sp3i so I presume it would work with this, but as this is a new product it is not listed as a compatible item on the tomtom website. Does anyone know?
  • Yoni
At the moment TT5 dose not officaly support Mobile 5 devices, but there is a patch due.
  • gazhowell
Ah right. I wonder when tomtom will release this patch. I'll email them to find out, but I won't hold my breath for a reply.
  • Roadster
Just bought it, and put tomtom on it not working indeed. dear gazhowell can you send me a mail on road1978@hotmail.com if you got a reply? Because now i have to use my old phone for navigation :(
  • gazhowell
I emailed them on Friday and have had no reply yet. It is the weekend though so I don't expect anything until next week. I've heard they're not very good at getting back to you though. I'll email you if/when I get a response.
  • gazhowell
TomTom have replied. I asked them when their software will be compatible with a phone runing Windows Mobile 5 and they replied........ "We have not yet been informed of any solutions for this, so please register for our monthly newsletter and as soon as there is a solution for this software issue, we will issue the applicable information through our newsletter." It looks like we have to just wait I'm afriad.
  • Yoni
I have found a few posts that have TT5 working with mobile 5, copy the cab files to your memory card and then use file explorer to open the card. you should be able to install form there....
  • jl768
So pardon the dumb question, does TomTom 5 work with SP5/SP5m? I thought these were not GPS integrated devices, thus the need for an external one such as TT5? Whas has been people's experience with TT?
  • roma
NO! TomTom 5 does *not* work with the SP5(m) due to the different screen resolution (QVGA). There are unofficial tweaks and patches out on the Net, but both involve modifying the phones registry, so not advisable. There is no official word out from TomTom that they are working on a patch. So far CoPilot is the only official released navigation software that will run on these WM5/QVGA phones. Succesful tests have been done with a beta version of Navigon 5.
  • jl768
Great, thanks Roma!
  • gilesjuk
This is a tool which helps: http://www.mobilenetswitch.com/TTqvga
  • roma
Be aware though that this tool needs you to (application)unlock your phone so it can make changes to the registry when used.
;