Linksys WRT54G3G Router – Support Forum

Can this be used with an Apple Mac? [Linksys WRT54G3G Router - 129557]

• cuppa
hi Can this router be easily set and used with a desktop Apple Mac (the new dual-core version)? Anyone managed to succeed in doing this? What was your experience? I am looking to use a 3G data card with a desktop Apple Mac and this seems like the only possible solution. Any answers welcomed. Thank you. Steve
  • born_wild
i think that is very well possible, if that mac can use WLAN/LAN you should be able to use the wifi/LAN conection. the only problem that you can have is in the configuration part, but you can ask a friend of yours for his windows laptop to configure the router. ps: the router inside has a configuration page, try that first. ps2: if you save the configuration, after power off is still there.
  • llanafon
Know I''m replying to an old post - but just for the record, yes if your mac has Airport (WiFi) then set it to 802.11 compatibility - in System Preferences, Networks, Airport. Our iMac is set to do just this and works as well as the other WinXP laptops here. Once done the Linksys can be connected to like any other 802.11 compatable AP. We''re out in the sticks and over 12km from the nearest exchange. No hope of ADSL wired broadband for some time. However a 3G mast is only 6km away, and with an external 11dB antenna and a Voda 3G card, we get 1.2Mbps down and 320kbps up.. Only issue is the £45/month for up to 1 GB data.... hope this will reduce as competition hots up.
  • cuppa
Hey Thanks for the update. Like you I was living out in the sticks and saw this kit as my saviour. However I moved house and now get Telewest''s Broadband service. However thanks for the post as I am certain it will help fellow Mac owners in a similar situation. Steve
;