Mio P550 – Support Forum

It says no GPS device [Mio P550 - 137728]

• RayUK
You won’t be able to simplify your answers too much; I am slightly less informed than a complete novice. I have a Mio P550 with two SD cards, one with Tomtom and the other with the Mio Europe map. The Tomtom was working albeit very slow to find a signal. I then tried the Mio, which works perfectly. On putting the TT back in it will not find a signal. It says no GPS device. I have tried the various settings described on this forum and left it for 30 minutes or so several times, it still won’t find a signal. Any help will be much appreciated. If you need any further information please tell me where to find it. Thank you Ray
  • flumpiter
We have never been able to use our P550 as a GPS on it''s own. We purchased an external antenna and it works every time; outside. We always remove the SD card from the unit when we arrive as we have found that the maps corrupt very easy. Having followed this routine for the last 6 months we have had many happy and successful outings being guided by our faithful P550. External Antenna are available from many sources, we purchased one from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk they stock mnay accessories for the P550 Hope this works as well for you as it has for us. Flumipter
  • RayUK
Hi Flumipter, Thank you for your help - what is the consequence of the map becoming corrupted - is it a perminant thing or does it rectify itself on rebooting? Ray
;