Motorola A840 – Support Forum

Won't turn on [Motorola A840 - 112413]

• Lui
Recently bought an A840 from NSW. Charged the battery and when 'charge complete' came up I put it in and turned it on. A couple of seconds after the screen lit up, the phone turned itself off. Plugged the charger cord in, turned it on again and it worked fine. Even kept going after I pulled the charger out but won't start from the battery. Since I live about 4000km from the seller I could use some advice as it will take about 3-4 weeks for a replacement phone through warranty. Should I get a second battery before sending it back? Charge the battery for 24hrs? Any ideas would be handy?
Don,t waste your time with it, send it back for warranty, ASAP and stay on there backs, make sure you call the companys customer care line and make sure they log your call, if you have any more trouble with it carry out the same as already mentioned. I started with the T730 had nothing but trouble. on the 4th repair job they finaly gave me a new V810 which arrived about 8 weeks or more later, but it wont fit the car kit, so i asked for a new cradle... 3 months ago. Finaly got hold of someone who arranged for the cradle to be sent out and arrive in 3 day... 2 weeks ago and still waiting. Go figure. (WA based)
  • Lui
Different battery didn't make a difference so I sent it back and they replaced it. New one works fine. All we need now is for Telstra to get their act together so you can use both GSM and CDMA. Telstra tell me there's an issue with the phone that needs sorting out first. In hindsight I would have waited for this to get sorted out before buying the phone. I'll wait for a copule of weeks before chasing it up again. Hopefully everything will be sorted.
i have had so much trouble with my A8040. I purchased it in may 2006. Is is telstra or motorola. its driving me crazy
;