MWg Zinc II Windows Smartphone – Support Forum

How to do hard reset for MWg Zinc 2? HELP!!! [MWg Zinc II Windows Smartphone - 161302]

• H3nryQ
guys, since i purchased MWg Zinc 2, I have installed some programs onto it, but the problem is later i could not remove them as well, now i cant do anything to remove it. I want to do Hard Reset to roll my phone back as the 1st manufacturing (I'v been doing hard-reset as well with my previous O2 Atom, press reset button + power button, but I could not do the same with my MWg Zinc 2). Anyone helps me? thx so much guys
  • Yoni

Press the Rec button, bottom button on left side and the reset.

Keep it pressed until the bars stop moving. 

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• H3nryQ
thx so much Yoni, I love u very much... Im doing hard-reset now and watching euro football match. Im sad cuz England team not available in European cup. N i see ur profile that ur from Man Uk, well Im a big fan of MU football club ^^ hehe
  • Yoni

Glad I could help, how are you enjoying the Zinc? 

Yoni,
Forum Search

• Zinc 2

I set a new password, and then I had to restart the zinc. Now after I put my password in, the phone will not unlock. Can someone help me unlock my zinc!!!

• Yoni

Try hard resetting, as described above. 

That should clear the password. 

Yoni,
Forum Search

This is one of many bug with the Zinc II's software. It's not a case of people forgetting their passwords its a case of the Zinc forgetting peoples passwords. 5 Times i set my password to 1111 for testing and 5 times it locked after 1 hour, failed to recognised my password and needed to be hard reset. My advice is do not set passwords on the Zinc untill a new firmware is available.
  • drbongo

Hi, I also had the same problem - I spent several hours setting up the Zinc 2 but when I tried to log back in it kept saying password was wrong!

As I had used the pull out qwerty keyboard to input my password I asumed I had entered a letter or capital letter instead of a number by forgetting to press the Fn key. However, I had to wait longer and longer between login attempts and realised I would probably have to do a hard reset.

When I tried the instructions in the manual (Power + Camera buttons) it didn't work, that is when I turned to the forum. The button combinations you suggested worked but it took me a few minutes to work out what you actually meant, because the 'record' button is called the camera button in the manual. 

It seems it might be a good idea to add a little slip of paper into the manual/box so that other users won't have the same problem. The instructions should read something like this:

"Holding the phone face up with its right hand side facing you hold in the quick menu button (bottom left side) and the camera button (bottom right side) with your first finger and thumb, press the soft reset button once and then release it but keep the other two buttons pressed until the Zinc 2 reboots, keep these pressed and a screen will appear which tells you to hold the record button pressed to restore. White bars will move across the screen and once they reach the right side of the screen the restore process begins and you can release the buttons".

However, could you please confirm that there is an issue with the Zinc 2 remembering passwords or is it just that we are all extremely clumsy and/or dyslexic ? :)

drbongo

• mar_ana
thanks for the information i successfully format my MWG Zinc 2
  • NickScots

Thanks for this, seems to be working for me. I bought the phone 2 yrs ago, apart from replacing the battery this year no probs at all. Sim is T mobile.

Grt phone.

Last week the phone started to freeze and the prgram memory was full, never installed anythign new. Since then

sometimes takes half an hr to turn off after freezing, and it freezes at the green screen.

Nick

• drbongo
Hi, I won this phone is a draw at a conference - I don't think I would have bought this if I was going to buy a phone - it works fine and now as I am on Vodaphone I get better reception (Than O2 and Orange). I find that occasionally I lose the mobile signal and have to restart the phone, but I don't install new software - I just use the phone, text and a little browsing usually BBC iplayer or youtube. It is a very powerful phone - with Microsoft Office, hand-writing recognition and lots of other features - but I think I would prefer a Blackberry on an Android phone which would give me more flexibility - I really don't like Windows Mobile, it is even worse than Windows XP and Vista, and I don't like Apple stuff either. To be honest I'm not really into mobile phones - I only use them when I absolutely have to and would much rather communicate by e-mail.
  • NickScots

You could email from the phone of course. I have my email set to check every two hours, as I have Tmobile with free internet in the UK, it's handy. I rarely use the software aspect of the PPC except Mapping software as my French 1;25k Memory Maps and FUGAWI UK maps are both on my Laptop, they download freely.

Nick

;