Sony Ericsson C902 Cyber-Shot – Support Forum

RSS Reader issues [Sony Ericsson C902 Cyber-Shot - 163475]

• benwalker

Hi all...

Just received the C902 today, as a replacement for my K800i on T-Mobile, and am impressed so far. 

My only serious issue now is getting the RSS reader to work. I've updated to the latest firmware, can connect via Web'n'walk to the interwebs, and everything looks fine - yet the standard RSS feeds wont update (they just show an RSS icon with an exclamation mark - very helpful), and adding even valid feeds manually always returns an ambiguous "No Valid Feed available at entered address" error. Trying to locate a feed in the default browser is equally a mission, since it doesn't seem to like non-mobile versions of web pages... and most non-mobile versions of web pages don't publish RSS feeds... doh... It's bad since I really like the concept of auto-downloading a podcast to listen to on the tube or similar.. anyway. Digression..

Things I've tried: manually adding a feed, changing the connection from "Home" to  "Any" network and back again, scheduling updates, text only version.. upper/lower case for manual addresses, adding and removing the http:// from the feed url - you get the picture.

I've seen one or two topics on this but never a resolution. Hopefully asking here will at least bring anyone else with the same issue to the fore.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ben, iv got a k770i cybershot with the exact same problem. So far i havnt cracked it yet but as soon as I do I will let you know how i did it.

and by the way, if you have a web&walk tmobile contract. Go on to your phones web browser > find google > search for "opera mini" > download and install the program. Its a free pc-like java web browser but its absolutely brilliant you can do almost anything with it.

Cracked it, my phone did connect to the internet, my msn messenger worked, but the rss feeder would not connect to feeds at all.

ok, this is how i did it. Go into main menu > phone settings > slide across to the connectivity menu > select Internet settings > select Internet profiles > select Add new profile > Give it a random name, i named mine as "test"  > then after that go into Connect using: menu > now it will bring you a list of data accounts. Im on vodafone live so mine was "Contract Internet", dont use the WAP account. So select the account you want to use > Save your new profile > return back to internet profiles menu, you new profile will be at the bottom of the list. Select it, then try your rss reader again!

If you have any trouble get back to me

• anitalg
Thanks I will sticky this, am sure someone else will want to know!
  • benwalker

Thanks for that. Tried it and all works great!

Btw Opera mini is awesome - had it on my K800i a while ago and is sooo much better than the standard browser. Also check out eBuddy - javascript msn client

• anitalg
Opera is indeed fab. I run two versions on my phone in fact am posting this now on it!
;