Sony Ericsson C902 Cyber-Shot – Support Forum

Sony Ericsson C902 Help- Importing Music [Sony Ericsson C902 Cyber-Shot - 163475]

• ChuckBass

Hi there,

I have a Sony Ericsson C902 with an included 4GB Sony M2 Memory Stick. I copied music from my PC to the memory card successfully, but when the phone reboots from the PC USB connection, the Media Player does NOT recognise the music on the Memory Stick. I have tried the 'Update Media' option in the Media Player itself, but with no avail. It seems the Media Player only recognises music located in the Phone Memory. The Memory Card is not faulty, as I can locate the Music files via File Manager perfectly.

It seems that I have ran out of ideas, so I'm seeking help here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• anitalg
Does the music you are copying across have some sort of DRM on it, ie is it copywrited?  I wonder if thats why the phone cant play it?
  • ChuckBass
Thank you for your reply, but no the music I have, has no traces of DRM whatsoever. I've tried bluetoothing music with success. So it seems my method of transferring the music is incorrect. Im going to try transfer using the PC Suite, instead of Drop and Drag method.
  • anitalg
Thats really odd, I just drag and drop on mine...!  Let us know how you get on.
  • ChuckBass
Ok so the PC Suite did the trick! It seems that the drop and drag method was the root of this problem all along.
  • anitalg
How odd!  As long as you can do it someway I guess thats ok.  Have fun with it!
;