Sony Ericsson Satio – Support Forum

I still cant make my mind up [Sony Ericsson Satio - 179074]

• Rich_654
ive keep saying aino, but everytime i see one of these about with the 12mp camera its gonna annoy me knowing ive only got 8, and i do take quite alot of pictures, would i be better off getting the satio rather than the aino??
  • Step666
What do you possibly need 8mp for, let alone 12?

Also, would the fact that Europe's largest mobile phone retailer have suddenly rushed the Satio off their shelves have any bearing on your decision?
Some sort of unspecified software issue that required immediate suspension of all sales, removal of all traces of the handset from stores and a pledge to exchange every Satio sold so far if the customer(s) so wishes.

-Step666
  • Rich_654
Just read about it.. i blame nokia as it runs symbian s60 f/w
  • Step666
Symbian is not owned or developed by Nokia.
Also, if it's the OS's fault, how come none of Nokia or Samsung's S60 handsets have required a recall?

The problems, whatever they are, are of SE's own making.
Even though Satio hasn't been a problematic handset by SE's recent measure, previous bad experiences can only have hurt SE's reputation with retailers, meaning that an extreme reaction such as this was always going to be more likely.

-Step666
  • anitalg

Satio - amazing screen quality, camera is fab and prints lovely photos.  However I hate symbian and find it long winded

Aino - way easier to use but am *slightly* let down with the camera, I too take loads of photos, but I also wanted  keypad as I text....lotslotslots.  

Satio is bigger too.

• PeteGraham

In addition, megapixel advertised size is only as good as the CCD processing the picture.  The higher the megapixel on small, low quality CCDs, the more ingrained noise in the photo itself. 

Plus, it's only 12Mp on 4:3 photos.  You have to drop it to 9 or 8 to get the 16:9 anyway.

If you take a lot of photos, buy a camera for good quality pictures.  I would never rely on a phone to take good photos.

Pete (I need JD) Graham ************** Damn you! Use forum search!!.

• anitalg
valid point.  You know I take a sh*t load of photos but I carry my camera for anything major and use the phone cos I can direct upload to facebook mwahahahahahahaha
  • PeteGraham

*rant*

Facefook sucks.

*/rant*

• anitalg
PeteGraham - the technical forum is not a place to vent personal (and incorrect) opinions.  Please refrain from doing so.  Do you have a Satio or Aino? I think not...therefore should you even be posting here??
  • PeteGraham

Anitalg

I ranted, not vented.

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and some  really stink.

And I believe it's Mr Anitalg that has the Satio, not you ;)

• anitalg
Lol!!  Yeah well whats his is mine, and mine is yours ;o)
  • Rich_654
after much decision, and the fact that satios are being recalled im going to go with the aino.. and this time im standing by my decision as much as i will miss the 12mp camera the rest of the phone isnt good enough..
;